I've branched e-tiling v0.5 on github.
What is it?
It's a tiling module for enlightenment.
I've done a quick video to introduce it:
On the video, you may have noticed that windows are added on the right (not on left as is wrongly written).
- tiling :)
- swap windows
- "Go To" feature
- moving windows around
- moving transitions to resize windows
As you may have seen, it's possible to add a column by moving a window on the right border of the screen.
Keybindings are currently set to use the home row of your keyboard as much as possible, hence a, s, d, …
Quick technical note
I use compositing in order to have transparency support for the animations. I also disabled shadows on popups.
It's not finished yet. Here's what I plan on adding:
- choice whether to display window titles; currently it's hidden.
- stack on rows or on columns
- make sure it works fine on many screens since I haven't tested it
- have different animations whether transparency is available
- improve ICCCM support
- choice on how to identify windows
- remove bugs :)
There are still some bugs when reloading enligthenment or when changing configuration.
I hope to fix them soon. I will update this post when done.
Those bugs are now hopefully fixed.
If you enjoyed this article, feel free to donate in Bitcoin at